Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

For hunters (and maybe anti-hunters)

I am almost complete with this book. I highly recommend it. I don't care where buy from if get from library, just using this link to give you an idea of it. http://www.bangtailpress.com/a-quiet-place-of-violence-hunting-and-ethics-in-the-missouri-river-breaks-by-allen-morris-jones/ and Amazon link http://www.amazon.com/Quiet-Place-Violence-Hunting-Missouri/dp/0965333612 I bought the digital copy. Woulda preferred physical but when I heard about it I wanted to start reading immediately
Boom
·

Comments

• I've spent the last three days in full camo, hunting from sun up to sundown. I haven't showered, meals have consisted of liverwurst on white bread and bacon with eggs. (And John dailys aka titos and Arnold Palmer tea and lemonade)

I got goose bumps reading the small excerpt on your link. I'll be buying that book right away.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • I've spent the last three days in full camo, hunting from sun up to sundown. I haven't showered, meals have consisted of liverwurst on white bread and bacon with eggs. (And John dailys aka titos and Arnold Palmer tea and lemonade) I got goose bumps reading the small excerpt on your link. I'll be buying that book right away.

1) I'm jealous of your last 3 days. I try to do that twice a season if work allows 2) I read a lot and this is one of the best books I've read in a long time. My kindle version is full of highlights ha. And it's a intellectual book. Love to hear what you think about it.
    Boom
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,197
    I've spent the last three days in full camo, hunting from sun up to sundown. I haven't showered, meals have consisted of liverwurst on white bread and bacon with eggs. (And John dailys aka titos and Arnold Palmer tea and lemonade) I got goose bumps reading the small excerpt on your link. I'll be buying that book right away.
    Dude, braunschweiger on rye with raw onions and a mustard that's trying to dissolve it's way out of the container, maybe with some cheese, is my idea of heaven.

·
  • lakewadelakewade Posts: 373
    I've spent the last three days in full camo, hunting from sun up to sundown. I haven't showered, meals have consisted of liverwurst on white bread and bacon with eggs. (And John dailys aka titos and Arnold Palmer tea and lemonade) I got goose bumps reading the small excerpt on your link. I'll be buying that book right away.
    Good call on the John Dalys Travis.  I just made my first one of the weekend as well.  Enjoy the hunt.

-----------
    I feel a whole lot more like I do now than I did when I got here.
    ·
  • I bought this book on Kindle on a recommendation from this forum or another, not sure. It is an interesting, complicated read. I am about half way thru and I would be careful who I recommend it to.
    LBGE South Dakota
    ·
  • Rebellab said:
    I bought this book on Kindle on a recommendation from this forum or another, not sure. It is an interesting, complicated read. I am about half way thru and I would be careful who I recommend it to.

halfway through was the hardest part for me. I am now finished with it. I minored in philosophy so the reading level was not terribly hard, especially compared to Kant and Nietzche which he mentioned both, but it also certainly isn't a beach read. But those who have an intellectual curiosity I think will well enjoy it.
    Boom
    ·
  • Oh yea. Imanual and Fredrick. My BFF forever.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·