Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a great Labor Day and are excited for the start of the NFL this week. If you’re not a sports fan, you can celebrate National Breakfast Month all September and National Cheese Pizza Day on September 5. We can’t wait to share some awesome fall recipes with you all! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

A Very Different Take on Steak and Eggs

First off, a big thank you to Ayayron for the link to this!!! CURED EGG YOLKS! http://hardcorpsfoodie.blogspot.com/2011/12/cured-egg-yolks.html I started by laying the yolks in the cure mixture (kosher salt, sugar, smoked paprika). Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Gently cover the yolks with the rest of the cure and cover/refrigerate for 24 hours, then remove from salt and gently brush off excess. At this point, the texture is like dried apricot. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Wrap in cheesecloth and hang to dry for up to a week Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos The only way I've really seen them used is grated over a salad or charcuterie plate like you would Parmesan cheese, so that's what I did....bresoala with arugula greens simply simply with evoo and sea salt and then used the microplane to grate the cured yolk. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos I must say, I was pleasantly surprised. The grated yolk definitely added a saltiness and texture that is reminiscent of Parmesan cheese...a great way to bring a simple dish over the top.

Comments