Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

For hunters (and maybe anti-hunters)

Options
I am almost complete with this book. I highly recommend it. I don't care where buy from if get from library, just using this link to give you an idea of it. http://www.bangtailpress.com/a-quiet-place-of-violence-hunting-and-ethics-in-the-missouri-river-breaks-by-allen-morris-jones/ and Amazon link http://www.amazon.com/Quiet-Place-Violence-Hunting-Missouri/dp/0965333612 I bought the digital copy. Woulda preferred physical but when I heard about it I wanted to start reading immediately
Boom

Comments

• travisstrick
    Options
    I've spent the last three days in full camo, hunting from sun up to sundown. I haven't showered, meals have consisted of liverwurst on white bread and bacon with eggs. (And John dailys aka titos and Arnold Palmer tea and lemonade)

I got goose bumps reading the small excerpt on your link. I'll be buying that book right away.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • FanOfFanboys
    Options
    I've spent the last three days in full camo, hunting from sun up to sundown. I haven't showered, meals have consisted of liverwurst on white bread and bacon with eggs. (And John dailys aka titos and Arnold Palmer tea and lemonade) I got goose bumps reading the small excerpt on your link. I'll be buying that book right away.

1) I'm jealous of your last 3 days. I try to do that twice a season if work allows 2) I read a lot and this is one of the best books I've read in a long time. My kindle version is full of highlights ha. And it's a intellectual book. Love to hear what you think about it.
    Boom
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I've spent the last three days in full camo, hunting from sun up to sundown. I haven't showered, meals have consisted of liverwurst on white bread and bacon with eggs. (And John dailys aka titos and Arnold Palmer tea and lemonade) I got goose bumps reading the small excerpt on your link. I'll be buying that book right away.
    Dude, braunschweiger on rye with raw onions and a mustard that's trying to dissolve it's way out of the container, maybe with some cheese, is my idea of heaven.
    Options
    Good call on the John Dalys Travis.  I just made my first one of the weekend as well.  Enjoy the hunt.

-----------
    I feel a whole lot more like I do now than I did when I got here.
  • Rebellab
    Options
    I bought this book on Kindle on a recommendation from this forum or another, not sure. It is an interesting, complicated read. I am about half way thru and I would be careful who I recommend it to.
    LBGE South Dakota
  • FanOfFanboys
    Options
    Rebellab said:
    I bought this book on Kindle on a recommendation from this forum or another, not sure. It is an interesting, complicated read. I am about half way thru and I would be careful who I recommend it to.

halfway through was the hardest part for me. I am now finished with it. I minored in philosophy so the reading level was not terribly hard, especially compared to Kant and Nietzche which he mentioned both, but it also certainly isn't a beach read. But those who have an intellectual curiosity I think will well enjoy it.
    Boom
  • travisstrick
    Options
    Oh yea. Imanual and Fredrick. My BFF forever.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.