Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Whatch'all Cookin This Weekend??

2»

Comments

• Friday spatchcock chicken

Saturday Chili or Ribs and ABT's

Sunday pot roast

Edina, MN

• chrisnjenn
    chrisnjenn Posts: 534
    edited November 2012

Friday: 

Going to a friend's to eat.  He has a Lang smoker.

Saturday:

Homemade Salisbury Steak with gravy and onions cooked on the Egg

Mashed potatoes (awesome recipe-has cream cheese, heavy cream, and lots of butter)

Burgandy Mushrooms (the recipe on this forum)

Sweet Peas

Mac n cheese (new recipe with Gruyere cheese)

Corn casserole that a member posted today

FlaPoolman's Bloody Mary recipe

A bunch of firsts for me.

Sunday:

Pizza Day

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    dlk7 said:

Tonight - chicken cordon bleu

Saturday - turkey breast

Sunday - filet for her, rib eye for me

Do you mind sharing the Cordon Bleu recipe? Been looking for a good one on the egg.

Friday- Deep dish, skillet veggie pizzas

Saturday- something in the wok

Sunday- Lamb chops

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    @chrisnjenn - quite the menu you got planned on Saturday. Sounds great. lookin' forward to pics and details on the salisbury steak.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• BigWader
    BigWader Posts: 673

Pizza tonight - thin crust New York Style

Sunday - Eye of the Round experiment - Injected - low heat (250) for 2 hours, double foil tightly with broth/onions until 140 - hoping to get moist lean beef and then sandwich meat for next week.

Toronto, Canada

Large BGE, Small BGE

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    chrisnjenn said:

Mac n cheese (new recipe with Gruyere cheese)                

Go ahead, tell me more.  

8->
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Griffin,

You are one of my favorite posters on here.  I wish I was 1/2 the cook you are.

The Salisbury steak and burgandy mushrooms are from this site:

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2012/03/salisbury-steak-mashed-potatoes-and-peas/

The mashed potato recipe is Martha Stewart's.

The corn casserole is Paula Dean's.

Mac n cheese recipe was an old one I use, but I'm changing the type of cheese this time to add Gyurere.

I like to use recipes 100% like it call for the first time and then modify them to my liking.

• Griffin

Thanks. I just like to eat and try new things. Always looking for inspiration.  My wife actually printed out that salisbury steak recipe this week as well, so I guess we'll be trying it soon, too, unless you say its no good. I printed out the corn casserole today. Let us know how it goes.

I try and keep recipes 100% true the first time as well, sometimes they get altered...I just can't help myself.

Rowlett, Texas

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    At least 1 thing that should be interesting. Found a place that had some beef cheeks. They're defrosting now. Not quite sure how to do them. Am leaning towards an 8 hour marinade, then low temp indirect till 165. Foil. Unfoil and crisp.

May do 1 a day at 135 sous vide, then sear. 
  • Griffin
    @gdenby - look up barbacoa for some ideas. from what I understand, its what they use now ever since the mad cow disease scare.

Rowlett, Texas

• Griffin
    edited November 2012

@gdenby - Here's something that Smokin' Gal did awhile back. She doesn't post on egg forums as far as I know, but she posts on the Smoke Ring. She has done some incredible cooks, she takes it to the next level....really. You should check her out. Oh...and it was done on her egg.

http://www.barbecueaddict.com/?p=332

Rowlett, Texas

• CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Friday -- Pork Butts
    Saturday -- ABT for party appetizers
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • Fri - chicken tikka masala
    Sat - AB meatloaf
    Sun - tuscan bean stew
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Griffin said:

@gdenby - Here's something that Smokin' Gal did awhile back. She doesn't post on egg forums as far as I know, but she posts on the Smoke Ring. She has done some incredible cooks, she takes it to the next level....really. You should check her out. Oh...and it was done on her egg.

http://www.barbecueaddict.com/?p=332

Thanks for the link. The package has 3, so I am going to try several methods. Most of the recipes I am finding, like the one above, use braising at some point. I'm going to sacrifice 1 to a straight lo-n-slo. I'll post in a day or two.
  • Steak Tips turned out perfect tonight. I seared them 2 minutes each side at 650 then closed the vents and left mine 3 minutes. Left the wife's a couple more minutes because she likes hers just ever so slightly pink in the middle. She said mine looked raw and gross but oh they tasted so good.
    On to my 1st egg try on ribs tomorrow and pizza on Sunday.
    What Dizzy rub goes best on the ribs? Just got the sampler pack and trying to figure out what to try 1st.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    If you have the regular Dizzy Dust I would try that.  I have used that on ribs as well as using their Red Eye on ribs as well.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    Four-day weekend for me, I'm on a 5/4/9 schedule (off today, Friday) and guv'mint holiday Monday (vet's day).  Unfortunately high winds with sleet/snow all day today, with more snow/sleet all weekend.
    I made a pot of my marinara sauce today, spaghetti all weekend!  It's not Egged, but damn its comfort food!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    friday night pizza 
    butchers in the morning to decide saturdays and sundays cooks 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.