It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page
for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day
is National Bacon Day
and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here
Bloody Mary Recipe (pic heavy)
What is grilling without an appropriate drink in hand? I have two recipes that never fail, and one is my Louisiana Blood Mary (Guacamole is the other). Here is my Blood Mary recipe with photos as I prepared while cooking last weekend (if any are out of focus...well, they were good and this wasn't the first of the morning).
Tomato Juice (plain)
Jalapeno Stuffed Olives
All measurements are in relation to the standard glass size I use...see first photo.
- Add enough Season Salt to cover bottom of glass
- Add equal amount of Celery Salt
- Add 3 splashes of Tabasco
- Add 3 - 4 splashes of Worcestershire Sauce
- Add juice from one-half of a large, juicy lime. If a smaller lime, use entire lime.
- Add pulp from the lime by pressing against side of glass. Scrap down into glass.
- Add 2.5 oz. vodka. Don't go too crazy...you'll be drinking several.
- Add ice to 3/4 full level of glass.
- Add tomato juice to fill glass.
- Shake in shaker (but do not strain) or pour between glasses to mix.
- Garnish with two Jalapeno stuffed olives and one pickled okra.
LBGE & SBGE. Central Texas.