Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

About to be XL Egg owner

Just want to get opinions (pros-cons) becasue I'm about to spend alot of money on my outdoor kitchen. Whats better the Primo Kamado or the XL egg and why? I'm just leaning towards the egg because of all the reviews I've read, plus it will be sitting in a 10ft island under my shop lean 2 (brick with some cypress slcabs and beams for accent). I just wnat some reassurance because I'm spending way more than I want to either way I go.

Comments

• The forum and the eggfests.....priceless
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Not the right place for an unbiased opinion on that question.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • I looked at both and went with the egg based on what I read about customer service and the fact that I had a local dealer with a very good track record of service.  It paid off almost immediately as my placesetter cracked on first use and was replaced immediately, no questions asked.

This forum has been an added bonus.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• I love my XL.  My buddy has the Primo and loves it.  It seems like there are more accesories / eggcessories for the BGE products.  You really cant go wrong either way.
  • You can't beat dealer service, and I actually can't find any bad reviews, the only bad one I've read seems to be operator error, the person wasn't used to charcoal he was coming from gas and totally embarrassed himself in the review. Mind is made up plus wife approval so consider it done egg will be in the truck next Friday, then a lil mancave construction to house the egg. Selling my Iron pit and the other one will find a home at my deer camp.
  • I looked at both too. I love that Primo is 100% made in the USA. However, I went with the egg because of the amount of accessories and I liked how the dome opened on the egg. BGE's hinge makes the lid feel less heavy than the primo. You won't be disappointed either way.
    Mark Annville, PA