Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

lazy man needs a cleaner

Options
eggor
eggor Posts: 777
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
not a house cleaner, a grid cleaner. I don't usually worry about cleaning the grid, just burn and clean with a brush. But today i thought it was about time to give a good cleaning to all the tools, the grids are such a mess and nothing spiffs them up without scrubbing. well at least nothing under the kitchen sink in my hose does.[p]Is there a spray on cleaner that will get the job done?[p]Scott

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    eggor,
    Have you tried spray-on oven cleaner? I used to use that on my gas grill porcelain grids and it worked quite well. Now I just throw my medium egg grid in the dishwasher by itself on potscrubber setting and it comes out quite clean. Don't know if a large would fit though.

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    IMG_00491.jpg
    <p />eggor,
    I highly recommend this stuff! it's made by DAWN & called Power Dissolver - works wonders on crusted old dirty grills.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • eggor
    Options
    JB,[p]the wife just hit the door to pick up a can, she thought it would do the job. We'll see[p]Scott

• eggor
    Options
    RRP,[p]I think i saw you post that before, when i was down at the hardware store I had a bottle of that in my hand. Made the mistake of asking if the had something better. They steered me towards Simple Green. Anyone want whats left? Barely touched the grid.[p]Scott

• Unknown
    Options
    eggor,
    The stuff stinks. I used to do it on the edge of the pavement and then hose it down there. Be sure to wash the grid off real well later. Good grillin . . .

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    eggor, the Dawn works wonderfully - just spray it on and let rest for 20 to 30 minutes and then clean off - it's trully powerful stuff - just DON'T wet the grills first

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Bama Fire
    Bama Fire Posts: 267
    Options
    RRP,
    Hey, will it work on a clogged up daisy wheel? I've scrubbed it with a wire brush, but it's still pretty nasty.[p]EGC