Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Veterans Day - THANK YOU!!

Veterans Day is this Sunday November 11th.  I want to thank all our vets, current actives and reservists for your service!!  You are the reason we are free and a big reason the United States of America is the greatest country on the Earth!  God bless you all!

Sunday also marks Remembrance Day for Canadians.  For those that don't know, Remembrance Day marks the end of World War I.  Happy Remembrance Day!  Canada, you're pretty great too!

Fred

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·

Comments

• November 10, the birthday of the USMC.  Semper Fi, my brothers.
    Brighton, IL (North East of St. Louis, MO)
    ·
  • Thanks Dad, for giving me this place to grow up in.
    CGJ 82nd.jpg 80.3K
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • Thanks Dad, for giving me this place to grow up in.
    Great photo Doc! 

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,435
    Thanks to my grandfather, "papa"...served on the USS Hubbard in WW2 sinking submarines.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • GLWGLW Posts: 178
    Thanks Jim. I love you brother.
    When in doubt add more pepper.
    ·
  • Both grandfathers, dad, father in law, 4 uncles, brother and 3 cousins all vets. God bless America.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • Both grandfathers, dad, father in law, 4 uncles, brother and 3 cousins all vets. God bless America.
    Aren't you forgetting someone ?  Thanks for your continued service, Travis !!!! 

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • Thanks, my friend. And thanks for your service. I have a lot of respect for you draftees.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • Thanks to all Vet's Everywhere. Remembering my dad Tom, USS Aulick WWII Vet who started my love of cooking.
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • Thanks Dad, Korea 1950.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • ChokeOnSmokeChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,758
    edited November 2012
    Found this picture after Dad died at the age of 72.  Picture was dated 9/25/43 in Camp Pendleton.  He served in WWII in the Marines and spent time in Iwo Jima.  With this picture was a small corked bottle of sand with the words "Iwo Jima" written on it.

Ralph.jpg 304.9K
    Packerland, Wisconsin

·
  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    My Grandfather, my Dad, my brother and sister and I...all Navy !
    ·
  • Thanks to all for the kind wishes for us Vets. Much appreciated.
    ·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,451

My son.

And THANK'S to all the others.

Matt.JPG 7.7M

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,456
    Thank-you veterans, and Happy Birthday Marine Corps!!

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
    ·
  • @Fred19Flintstone - great post, growing up as an army brat, I have a love for the military. Dad served from 1943 to 1973 in the Royal Canadian Army Medical Corp, he saw action in Europe, Korea and with the UN in Egypt, Gaza, the Congo and Lebanon. Seems we shared him with the world. 

Remembrance day is observed in Canada by wearing a poppy for the two weeks leading up to the 11th of November and two minutes of silence at 11:00AM on the 11th day of the 11 month, the time when hostilities stopped in WW1. 
    I think the poppy was selected based on the poem "In Flanders Fields" written by Canadian army physician John McCrae. 
    Remember those who gave their lives so we all live free.  

Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·