Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

100 lb cook coming up this weekend

My church group is popping out babies left and right, and my wife signed us up to take dinner to the three sets of new parents on Saturday.  She casually mentioned to me last night that I may want to go to the store tonight as Scotty would be busy this weekend, when I asked what she had in mind she brought me up to speed on the new arrivals.  So I've been thinking and I'm planning on hitting the store tonight for my largest cook thus far (only six months in).  The following will be going in Scotty this weekend:

20lbs of spare ribs ( 5 racks trimmed St. Louis style)
15lbs of pork shoulder (2 7.5lb butts, one for slicing and one for pulling)
15lb packer brisket (first brisket cook but I'm pumped)
5lbs of chicken (one whole spatch style)
15lbs of red potatoes (quartered, oiled, s&p)
10lbs of a side item yet to be determined (likely a mixture of zuch and squash)
20lbs of charcoal (I know counting the charcoal is kinda cheating)

That isn't even counting the weight of the various rubs, oils, and spices to be used (or the beverages for the cook). 

Plan to start the butts and brisket Friday night and FTC sometime mid morning Saturday. Set up for the ribs and sides which should be done around 3 or so, at which point I will foil the ribs and sides and do the chicken (may two now that I think about it).

Shopping tonight to get this party started.

Comments