Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New Grilled Pizza

I had extra dough from the grilled recipe in the BBQ bible. Very easy and cooks quickly using direct heat. Absorbs smoke really well too! I didn't have any of my usual toppings so i experimented. This was great, but have an idea that people here could make it even better. Cover cooked side with low fat Alfredo sauce, sprinkled with chopped cashews, crumbled bacon, sprinkled with oregano and Parmesan , and then covered w/sharp cheddar ... It was gone in a few minutes. In will try with asiago cheese next time but cheddar was nice. And no comments about low fat Alfredo sauce with all the other stuff... It was made from items I had on hand.
LBGE replaced a 22.5 Weber Kettle and Weber Gas grill.
·

Comments

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,019
    That sounds really good!  I would add french fried onions, chicken, and cilantro.  ;)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,768

Not too many people around here do the direct grilled pizzas. I'll admit it's been awhile since I've done one. What temp did you go with? I can't seem to remember how I did mine...

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,768

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • I wait for at least 350... and omg ... I did put Frenches onions on it! Totally forgot. Thanks!
    LBGE replaced a 22.5 Weber Kettle and Weber Gas grill.
    ·