Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Overcooked tenderloin...but who cares!

Options
I did two pork tenderloins tonight, and let them go too long. I forgot what time I'd put them on. Derp! I checked the temps and they both were already at 160. One was slightly dry, but the other was still somewhat juicy. Overall I'd grade it a C+, but the night was not a complete wash.

I made Atomic buffalo Turds, and after convincing the 10 year old to eat a roasted jalapeno (called a turd, nonetheless) his eyes got big and he asked for another one. The three of us took down 8 ABT's faster than I could take pictures.

My kids actually LIKED something I made! BOOYA!!

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Options
    Congrats, know the feeling when they enjoy something you made, one of life's rewards!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Congrats!  My kids don't like the jalepenos but I make some with the tri-color peppers and they scarf those down.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Try the pear stuffed, bacon wrapped....
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • SamFerrise
    Options
    I do my pork loins at 400 indirect for 90 minutes, Foil wrap for 30 minutes and they are tender and juice as any filet you can buy.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
  • SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    Options

I did two indirect (PS legs up) at about 385-390 for about an hour.  Well, I think it was an hour. Again, I forgot what time they went on.  Maybe the loins I used were fairly small, and that's why they cooked so fast.  The pre-cooked diameter of each was probably 2.5-3.0 inches.  I wrapped them both in foil for about 15 min, and sliced one up for dinner.  I left the other loin wrapped while we ate dinner, and sliced it for leftovers.  That was the one that ended up much better.  Maybe wrapping it in foil nurses it back to health, per se. 

Regardless, this all provides justification to the Mrs as to why I need a Maverick.

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• SamFerrise
    Options
    My $40 Green Egg digital thermometer is fine.  Gives me internal meat temps and grate level temps.  Most of the time I only use it for the big butts and briskets.  After you've been Egging for a while the times and temps become second nature and you hit it right every time.  Enjoy the beverages and wonderful smells coming from your yard!  Cheers!

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
  • GK59
    GK59 Posts: 501
    Options
    Just drink more wine!

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    just be happy and chill out and don't worry 'bout it! (+ 1 billion more exclamation points)

ummm....what was the original question?!

Oh yeah, and get a thermapen!

Got my drink on.  Yeah!