Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bloody Mary Recipe (pic heavy)

Options
What is grilling without an appropriate drink in hand?  I have two recipes that never fail, and one is my Louisiana Blood Mary (Guacamole is the other). Here is my Blood Mary recipe with photos as I prepared while cooking last weekend (if any are out of focus...well, they were good and this wasn't the first of the morning).

Ingredients
Large Limes
Tomato Juice (plain)
Celery Salt
Season All
Tabasco
Worcestershire Sauce
Pickled Okra
Jalapeno Stuffed Olives
Vodka

All measurements are in relation to the standard glass size I use...see first photo.

1. Add enough Season Salt to cover bottom of glass
  2. Add equal amount of Celery Salt
  3. Add 3 splashes of Tabasco
  4. Add 3 - 4 splashes of Worcestershire Sauce
  5. Add juice from one-half of a large, juicy lime.  If a smaller lime, use entire lime.
  6. Add pulp from the lime by pressing against side of glass.  Scrap down into glass.
  7. Add 2.5 oz. vodka.  Don't go too crazy...you'll be drinking several.
  8. Add ice to 3/4 full level of glass.
  9. Add tomato juice to fill glass.
  10. Shake in shaker (but do not strain) or pour between glasses to mix.
  11. Garnish with two Jalapeno stuffed olives and one pickled okra.
  12. Drink
  13. Repeat

Enjoy.

LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  

Comments

• jbates67
    jbates67 Posts: 168
    Options
    Looks like a solid recipe, call me crazy, I like a splash of clam juice (think clamato flavor). My guess is you make a large batch at a time to speed up the refills. Will be trying this one, doctored of course, as I do most recipes. Thanks.

• tonyled
    tonyled Posts: 536
    Options
    thank you thank you thank you

i am a huge bloody mary lover and this combines most of my favorite things in this world, vodka, olives, and pickled okra!!!
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    jbates67 said:
    Looks like a solid recipe, call me crazy, I like a splash of clam juice (think clamato flavor). My guess is you make a large batch at a time to speed up the refills. Will be trying this one, doctored of course, as I do most recipes. Thanks.

This makes it to many Florida Fests, both Mini and Sunshine.  Always have some in frig at home.

Beverage, Bloddy Mary, FlaPoolMan

INGREDIENTS:  
    1 quart    clamato  
    1 1/4 cups    vodka  
    2   shakes worcestershire  
    5   shakes red tobasco  

10   shakes celery salt  
    5   shakes celery seed  
    20   (or more ) twists fresh ground pepper  
    1   cap lemon juice  

Better if made at least 2 days before.  

Recipe Type
    Beverage

Recipe Source

Source: BGE Forum, FlaPoolMan, 2008/03/13

• FanOfFanboys
    Options
    Bookmarking. Bloody Mary is probably one of my 5 favorite adult drinks when done right. I like 'em spicy. I'll steal some pieces of yours I like.
    Boom
  • travisstrick
    Options
    Add a raw oyster and I'm in. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Hell yeah, oysters nom nom nom.

Lunch on Monday, happy to find out they had dozens on the half shell for $6.  Some big 'uns...
    Those are called Bloody Caesars and they are very popular up here. A regular Sunday morning thing after a bad Saturday night. They were invented by a bartender at the Banff Springs Hotel. He would mash a clam in the bottom of a salt rimmed glass, add the vodka, worchestershire and Tobasco and stir. Motts started making clamatto for the drink.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• FanOfFanboys
    Options
    I dunno if any of you are in or near Columbia, SC but if you love oysters there is an event coming up that is all the oysters you can eat, plus beer and wine (a lot) for $35/person.
    Boom
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Sorry. That was for Richard.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• MaskedMarvel
    Options
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    Looks good.  Love the idea of putting the seasonings in first.  Needs horseradish though. And cracked black pepper.  When I'm in a hurry, I get a bottle of Zing Zang.  Really good without being doctored up at all.  Another garnish idea; grilled spam skewers;
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options

l ike mine with some bacon in it. BLT Bloody Mary from hash house a go go in Vegas.image

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• xraypat23
    Options
    where's the horseradish?

• demo
    demo Posts: 163
    Options
    I'll drink to ALL that !!
  • CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Options
    Bacon a great idea (for anything really), I'm going to have to try that.
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • ratcheer
    ratcheer Posts: 189
    Options
    I don't know about all this. I have always preferred a simpler Bloody Mary with just tomato juice, salt, pepper, Tabasco, lemon or lime, and Worcestershire sauce. Plus, a stalk of celery for a swizzle stick, sometimes. And, looking back on what I just said, that is still a lot of ingredients.

The main variations I will make are using V8 instead of TJ, and gin instead of vodka.

Tim
  • FanOfFanboys
    Options
    Thanks to this post I went to store on lunch. Vodka, spicy v8, jalapeño stuffed olives, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, black pepper grinder, Tabasco. Skipped horse radish so not too hot lol
    Boom
  • FanOfFanboys
    Options
    ratcheer said:
    I don't know about all this. I have always preferred a simpler Bloody Mary with just tomato juice, salt, pepper, Tabasco, lemon or lime, and Worcestershire sauce. Plus, a stalk of celery for a swizzle stick, sometimes. And, looking back on what I just said, that is still a lot of ingredients.

The main variations I will make are using V8 instead of TJ, and gin instead of vodka.

Tim

it is considered the most complicated cocktail in the world.
    Boom
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    ratcheer said:

Tim
    The woman of the house calls these Christmas tree bloody Mary's she loves them I am not a gin fan
  • ratcheer
    ratcheer Posts: 189
    Options
    U_tarded said:

Tim
    The woman of the house calls these Christmas tree bloody Mary's she loves them I am not a gin fan
    I understand. I don't like vodka.

Tim
  • NewEnglandEgger
    Options
    Love a good spicy Bloody Mary with a Slim Jim instead of celery!
  • Alton
    Alton Posts: 509
    Options
    Try a hit of Crab Boil ... love it!
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
  • NEWB_IN_NOLA
    Options
    Hell yeah, oysters nom nom nom.

Lunch on Monday, happy to find out they had dozens on the half shell for $6.  Some big 'uns...

50 cent oysters are where?
    "America has only three cities: New York, San Francisco, and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland." -Tennessee Williams
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Gotta have freshly grated horseradish in my Bloody Marys. It add some much depth to the flavor!