Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Finally a permanent home for my BGE

2»

Comments

• Have you tried to cook pizza in it yet? That will be the real test at how well the enclosure will put up with the heat. Good luck and looks great.
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 13,666
    awesomeness galore meow

·
  • LoggerLogger Posts: 234
    Nice...Really Nice.
    Who's design?
    OKC area  XL - Medium
    ·
  • Are those leds, or a surveillance system???  :))

Really looks great!

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

·
  • tyenic1tyenic1 Posts: 149

My Wife better start picking up a couple extra shifts so she can afford what I now want for Christmas!! WOW

$-)
    ·
  • Wow, that is a table!
    ·
  • Sheeez!....thanks for making me want to throw rocks at the table I just built.  Top notch work there.

Living Large and XL

·
  • First class!!
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 13,666
    I just set my table on fire in shame.... (sniff)

·
  • WOW!  That is a beautiful set up!

1large BGE and 1 well used mini BGE living in coastal South and North Carolina!
    ·
  • Wow! that ias amazing, very NICE
    ·
  • EllisEllis Posts: 192

Have not seen any night pics, must be a surveillance sytem like ccpoulin said.

·
  • Very impressed, nice job. Where did you get the stainless accessories and what is your top made of.
    ·
  • Nice job.

Just curious though it appears to be built on a raised patio. How much reinforcement of the patio did it take to hold that kind of extra weight ? Can you post a picture of underneath the patio? or is it built on top of a house structure like a sundeck or something ?
    ·

• YEMTrey said:
    All that needs is some draft beer being dispensed, and a great sound system.  Perfect.

Okay, maybe a couple of stripper poles as well.
    I was thinking if that had a built in sound system, it would be the bomb!  Very nice setup.
    Notice the two electrical outlets? here is my wish list for the sound part...http://www.dynaudio.com/int/home_loudspeaker_systems/xeo/xeo.php

·
  • jn_austin said:
    Have you tried to cook pizza in it yet? That will be the real test at how well the enclosure will put up with the heat. Good luck and looks great.
    Yes I have tried a couple of pizzas and they turned out good enough that i will be doing more! Digital thermometer readings have shown that no surface with in two inches is getting over 108 deg., this was a concern because I used a wood frame for the enclosure but there is plenty of "open" space underneath and the 1 1/2" gap between the counter and egg really helps.
    ·
  • miscjames said:
    Nice job.

Just curious though it appears to be built on a raised patio. How much reinforcement of the patio did it take to hold that kind of extra weight ? Can you post a picture of underneath the patio? or is it built on top of a house structure like a sundeck or something ?
    the deck was designed and built by me with this project in mind, it is 9 ft off the ground and I increase the size of the joists and the joist spacing was reduced to 12" instead of the common 16". Joists were also doubled under all critical edges and the main beam for the deck runs roughly centered beneath the enclosure. I can try to get a pic underneath, but just imagine you could park a Mac truck on the deck.
    ·
  • ccpoulin1 said:

Are those leds, or a surveillance system???  :))

Really looks great!

They are LEDs but my attempts have shown I suck at night pics of the lights, will keep trying....:(

·
  • Very impressed, nice job. Where did you get the stainless accessories and what is your top made of.
    BBQGuys.Com, stock pieces and they custom made the two underneath the egg to match, good people to work with. Counter top and other caps are poured in place colored concrete, polished to very glossy surface.
    ·
  • Thank you for the response, enjoy.
    ·
  • Very nice outdoor cooking area.  

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·
  • Here is a "night" shot taken before it was completed so the "surveillance" system lights are not in yet.
    ·
  • gravitydrnogravitydrno Posts: 17
    edited November 2012
    Another shot on my first brisket attempt. Pic from phone so not very good.
    ·
  • That is totally of the hook!  Beautiful!!!! ^:)^
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 7,446
    edited November 2012
    Beautiful set up!!! =D>

The "only" problem I see with the design is........where are you going to put your 2nd egg?? >:D<
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ...
    ·
  • cazzy said:
    where are you going to put your 2nd egg?? >:D<
    See where the CyberQ is sitting.....was thinking of cutting a a small or mini right there :)

·
  • SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,271
    Dude, you missed the boat on the custom Egg handle but that's ok, looks like you got everything else RIGHT!
    ·
  • Dude, you missed the boat on the custom Egg handle but that's ok, looks like you got everything else RIGHT!
    Damn son I can only handle so much at once! LOL I have had problems with the hinge set up and BGE has sent me a warranty replacement. After I get that installed I will be doing the handle. Also have not yet mounted an opener....
    ·