Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

OT: Lemoncello

Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,947
edited November 2012 in Off Topic
If you are like us, you have to trade some meaningless gift with your friends at Christmas time.  Usually, it's something homemade.  After going to Italy last month, I got the idea to make lemoncello.  Lemoncello is a popular alcoholic, sweet drink usually sipped after dinner.  I've never been into sweet drinks, but, in Italy, we learned to mix it with tonic water or club soda and it makes a really refreshing drink.

Why am I telling you this?  Lemoncello is easy to make, but it takes a month of sitting in a bottle, leeching out the lemon flavoring.  So, if you are looking for ideas to make your friends and/or family for Christmas, here is an idea.  Note that there is a little more than a month before Christmas.  Hence, the thread now.

The recipe I used is at this URL

One month ago.

Today, after bottling.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
Gateway to the Hill Country

Comments