Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pizza Construction Project

Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,193
edited November 2012 in EggHead Forum
Completely on-topic!

I had intended on just showing results, but went photo happy, so here is the build.

Publix dough, with a reccomended cooking temp of 400.  The XL was held at temp for an hour, and the stone and the dome were synced.

I forgot to take a pic of the set up, I will add an old one.  PS legs up, grid, upside down Woo, and stone.

The real pizza makers here will tell you less is more.  I do not disagree, but still probably load a bit more than some of them.  I don't like to smother with cheese, so each layer of flavors gets just a little cheese, and the top layer is light.  I like the meat on top to crisp and char a little.

Put on with parchment which was removed at 5 minutes, and the pie turned.  Turned at 5 and 15 minutes, then pulled.

Very crispy, required a shake of salt and peri-peri to top off.

Pics to follow.
Pasquali Luciano
Buon appetito to all the BGE family
XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·

Comments

• Forgot a pic of the set up.
    Pasquali Luciano

·
  • Thanks Pasquali.  And you make a great pie !

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,829
    That is a great looking pizza, Doc!  I like a good "supreme" pizza sometimes myself.  You got your pizza setup down.  Quick question- how long do you let the Publix dough sit out of the fridge before you stretch it? 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • That is a great looking pizza, Doc!  I like a good "supreme" pizza sometimes myself.  You got your pizza setup down.  Quick question- how long do you let the Publix dough sit out of the fridge before you stretch it? 
    An hour.  If it gets too room temp the texture goes off.
    Pasquali Luciano

·
  • Oh, and to further demonstrate heresy, I roll mine.

Pasquali Luciano

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,829
    No judgement here ;)....however you get it done, it turns out great. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,808

Oh, and to further demonstrate heresy, I roll mine.

Oh, the humanity!

·
  • They look great, I need to try more pizza
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • Alrighty then...., Fred's and VI post have vanished.  OK, within the time limit they can delete them.  On the other hand, my response is also gone, and I did not delete it.
    Pasquali Luciano

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,808
    My seventeen magazine post is gone too.  Someone deleted it.

·
  • Bananas, the pizza needs bananas.....
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • jfm0830jfm0830 Posts: 929
    edited November 2012
    Those are some magnificent & colorful looking pizzas. I'd love a slice. Nicely done!! Sometimes you just have to go for the gusto.
    Alrighty then...., Fred's and VI post have vanished.  OK, within the time limit they can delete them.  On the other hand, my response is also gone, and I did not delete it.
    Curious..How do you delete a post? I know you can edit a post for an hour, but I don't see a button or any other way to delete one.. TIA.

Jim
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
    ·
  • At the very least you can change the text to NT (no text), to wipe a comment.  In this case three posts just before the one near the top by VI have disappeared.  They were not rude or obscene or in any other way something a moderator should remove.  And we are a very loosely moderated site.

Pasquali Luciano

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,757
    edited November 2012
    Great looking pie @Doc_Eggerton ;, 'cept for them green things (but that's a personal matter of preference)

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • RzeancakRzeancak Posts: 146
    looks fantastic 

A child can ask questions a wise man can't answer!!!
    Canada
    Large @ Small BGE 

·
  • Great looking pie. You guys make it look easy.
    ·