Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Pizza Construction Project

Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 3,570
edited November 2012 in EggHead Forum
Completely on-topic!

I had intended on just showing results, but went photo happy, so here is the build.

Publix dough, with a reccomended cooking temp of 400.  The XL was held at temp for an hour, and the stone and the dome were synced.

I forgot to take a pic of the set up, I will add an old one.  PS legs up, grid, upside down Woo, and stone.

The real pizza makers here will tell you less is more.  I do not disagree, but still probably load a bit more than some of them.  I don't like to smother with cheese, so each layer of flavors gets just a little cheese, and the top layer is light.  I like the meat on top to crisp and char a little.

Put on with parchment which was removed at 5 minutes, and the pie turned.  Turned at 5 and 15 minutes, then pulled.

Very crispy, required a shake of salt and peri-peri to top off.

Pics to follow.
Pasquali Luciano
Buon appetito to all the BGE family
XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

Comments