Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Advice on first time baby back ribs?

Newbie here and need some advice. I have done some great meals since getting the egg a few weeks ago. I did my first baby back rib meal today and it did not turn out as well as I had wanted it to.It was ok, not terrible. We really like our ribs to fall off the bone or pretty close. I cooked inderect with plate setter at 250. I used a drip pan with some water in it under the grill. I put the ribs in a rib rack and cooked for 2.5 hours then I tented with foil for an hour and then 30 minutes with sauce and no foil to finish off. 4hrs total. I may have been running low on lump bc at times it was hard to maintain the 250. Any advice how to get them less tuff? Flavor was great ,texture not as much.

Comments