Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ceramic Store Accessories

Options
I want to get one of the set-ups from the Ceramic Store, but am a bit overwhelmed by all of the configurations. What are others using and consider o be indispensable?
LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  

Comments

• friscoag
    Options
    Where do you live? Tom, the owner of ceramicgrillstore.com is in Denton and he will show you how everything works if you live around Denton. (at least he did for me) I highly recommend the large adjustable rig.
  • CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Options
    I'm in Austin, but good suggestion, I'm visit next time I go to our Dallas office.
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options

Just call Tom. He will talk you through the order. He will be sure you get it right.

Tom is a very nice guy and an EggHead as well.

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Main thing is that you know what your cooking preferences are, then it's a matter of matching those requirements to the CGS capabilities.

• lensegg
    Options
    I have the adjustable rig R&B oval combo, the adjustable rig R&B oval extender combo, a 16 in. round stone, and a spider. With these well made, functional eggcessories, any type of cooking on the egg is possible. As others said, call Tom and he will walk you through the process and help you decide what you need. The proper tools, as in any endeavor, make the cook more fun. Good luck.
  • newegg13
    newegg13 Posts: 231
    Options
    I second the AR combo package.  I went with round, but oval would have been a better choice for ribs.  I also ended up ordering the sliding racks later, so you may consider getting that right off the back.

Amateur Egger; professional rodeo clown. Birmingham, AL
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    I'll be getting the AR soon (a lot sooner after my wife won a $75 gift card there at Plano Fest last weekend ;) )

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• lakewade
    lakewade Posts: 385
    Options
    I recently got the spider and love it.

-----------
    I feel a whole lot more like I do now than I did when I got here.
  • JerkChicken
    Options
    lensegg said:
    I have the adjustable rig R&B oval combo, the adjustable rig R&B oval extender combo, a 16 in. round stone, and a spider. With these well made, functional eggcessories, any type of cooking on the egg is possible. As others said, call Tom and he will walk you through the process and help you decide what you need. The proper tools, as in any endeavor, make the cook more fun. Good luck.

I got this and the slider. Not much I can't cook with this setup which has many different configurations. It really depends on what you're aiming to accomplish. For me it was capacity, raising grids, and the ability to use a wok so the Customer Combo suited my needs. I do a lot of chivken wings so I had to add the extender and sliders so that I could slide the bottom tier out to for flipping meat without having to mess with the rest of the rig. It's a bit difficult to understand everything and a little cumbersome at first but overall I'm really happy with it and use it in 90% of my cooks.
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47