Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

This Weekend in Food

Its been a while since I've posted. I wish I could say I was on a sabbatical, but I'll reserve the tall tales for when they are absolutely necessary. In any event ... I cooked some thick center cut chops on Friday night for the misses. TRex method with maple wood and a spicy rub to offset the sweetness. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos On Saturday night, I cooked some really solid chicken quarters. I swear I took pictures, but alas . . . So, take a look at these mammoth pancakes that I cooked Saturday am instead. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos On Sunday, I took my first stab at burnt ends. I used two brisket points cubed, seasoned heavily, and smoked in the skillet for a couple hours. Then I sauced and smoked for 15 more minutes. It was some of the best BBQ I have ever had. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Thanks for looking.
Amateur Egger; professional rodeo clown. Birmingham, AL
·

Comments

• I need to get some maple wood for smoking.  That or some Grove charcoal from Wisconsin, a lot of that is maple.

Those chops look great!
    Knoxville, TN
    ·
  • Looks like you were on a roll this weekend!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • newegg13newegg13 Posts: 231
    I need to get some maple wood for smoking.  That or some Grove charcoal from Wisconsin, a lot of that is maple.

Those chops look great!
    Man, they tasted great.  I will repeat the sweet wood/spicy seasoning combo with pork again.
    Amateur Egger; professional rodeo clown. Birmingham, AL
    ·