Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New XL table and first cook

LitLit Posts: 3,843
Threw this table together Saturday afternoon so I could finally break the XL in. The table is red cedar. I need to move the bottom shelf up 4" but for now the solution is pavers. The brisket was just rubbed and cooked indirect. I don't have the adapter for my Guru for the xl yet so I had to wing it. At 7am the egg was down to 200 so I cracked the vent a little and at 9 when I woke up again it was at 300. The brisket came off around 11 and seperated and seasoned the point and back on the egg in my CI skillet. I will post pics of the burnt ends later they are on my camera. Brisket came out very well and we all had brisket sandwiches during the Falcons game last night.image.image.image.image.image
·

Comments

• Nice looking brisket.
    Edina, MN

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,584
    Hey Lit...the new table and the brisket look great.  The bark on that brisket looks insane!  Congrats on your new set up.  I'm impressed you got the table put together in one afternoon.  I hope you had someone besides your fiance help you lift that sucker into the table ;).  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,430
    Nice on both counts...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • LitLit Posts: 3,843
    Hey Lit...the new table and the brisket look great.  The bark on that brisket looks insane!  Congrats on your new set up.  I'm impressed you got the table put together in one afternoon.  I hope you had someone besides your fiance help you lift that sucker into the table ;).  
    Thanks on the brisket. I had a friend help but we put the egg together in the table so it wasn't that heavy in pieces. The table only took a couple hours to build but its just a simple table no bells and whistles.
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,260
    The table looks great for a few hour build.  Nice brisket.

·
  • dlk7dlk7 Posts: 1,003
    Really nice looking bark on the brisket.  What rub did you use?

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

·
  • It doesn't look like you have the xl supported across the entire bottom . As heavy as the xl is I would definetly want it supported all the way across the bottom.
    ·
  • LitLit Posts: 3,843
    The rub was a mix 1/3 Susie Q, 1/3 Cow Lick, and 1/3 Bad Byrons.
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,584
    Lit said:
    Thanks on the brisket. I had a friend help but we put the egg together in the table so it wasn't that heavy in pieces. The table only took a couple hours to build but its just a simple table no bells and whistles.
    That's a good idea to just build the table and assemble the egg inside of it.  If you ever need help moving it I will work for brisket.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • tyenic1tyenic1 Posts: 149
    Brisket looks really good! Had to laugh when you said you threw the table  together. With my lack of carpenter skills it would have taken me 2 weeks to put that table together.
    ·
  • Great looking brisket.  My carpenter skills are lacking also and I've been working on a table for a month now and you're table will still look better than mine.  I'll be afraid to post a picture when (if) it is finally done.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

·