Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mexican Breakfast Pizza

Options

We decided we needed to bring a breakfast item this year to the Plano Eggfest. WE found a recipe for a breakfast pizza, but decided to put our own spin on it and make it a Mexican Breakfast Pizza. (some of these pics are going to be from the trial run and some from the Eggfest)

Start out by rolling your dough out. You are going to want to put a lip on your dough for this one, otherwise your scrambled eggs will leak out before they set and cause a mess. trust me on this one. Next, fry up some chorizo, drain and add to your dough. (this is how not to roll out your dough)

Next, add a cup of frozen hashbrowns that have been thawed and a cup of cheese. We used 1/2 Oaxaca and 1/2 Chihuahua, but Monterrey Jack (or your favorite cheese) will work as well

Scramble up 4 eggs with 1/4 cup of milk and some salt and pepper and drizzle on top. (notice what happens if you don't form that lip?)

Cook at 425 for about 12 to 15 minutes

Next time, I think we are gonna have to do 2 of these at least as they disappeared pretty quickly.

Full recipe HERE

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments