Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pulled Pork Green Chilli

I made 40 Pounds of Pulled Pork for a friend of mines Birthday Party on Friday night. Well needless to say only 30 Pounds was consumed so I had 10 Pounds left over.

I was torn for what to cook tonight Pork Tamales, Pork Enchiladas. The Wife sugested My famous Green Chilli, and to be honest I dont have a recipe. I go the standard route with Tomatillos, Tomatoes, Onion, Garlic, Cumin, Hatch Chillis, Chicken Broth and such.

Usually when I do my Green I get a nice Broth going. This time with the smoked pull pork added it thickened it up and really changed the color.

To be Honest the flavor was incredible, it was a great Smoked Flavor Green Chilli. I will do it again.

Also Dont Judge me on some of the Pork missing.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

p1.JPG 710.8K
p2.JPG 647.2K
p.JPG 794.8K
·

Comments

• Can you give an idea of process? I'll make tomorrow
    Boom
    ·
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316

I used half an onion and 5 Garlic cloves sauted in till golden brown.

6 Cans Chicken Broth

7 Tomitillos

4 Tomatoes

4 Roasted Hatch Chillis

Spices to your Chilli Liking (Cumin, Pepper, Red Pepper)

I halved the Tomatoes and Tomatillos, once they were boiling I removed them and put them in a food processor.

Add as much pork as you like.

I cooked on the egg for almost 5 hours around 325. When the sauce cooked down I would add water and some Beer and keep repeating the process (Some people might disagree on this but I like to cook my chilli for a long time and this extends the process).

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

·
  • Thanks for the recipe, looks like great way to use leftover pork.
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,920
    Looks great, Tuttle!

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • Thanks for the recipe, going to try this next time I do pulled pork.  I live in Pennsylvania not sure if it'll be hard to find hatch chiles and tomatillos
    ·
  • jlsmjlsm Posts: 848
    I live in Pa., too. Tomatillos, easy. Hatch, unavailable now (and hard to get in season). If you don't like it very spicy, use fresh poblano. A little spicer, use serano. A little more, jalapeno. You need to roast and peel them.
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
    ·