Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled Pork Green Chilli

I made 40 Pounds of Pulled Pork for a friend of mines Birthday Party on Friday night. Well needless to say only 30 Pounds was consumed so I had 10 Pounds left over.

I was torn for what to cook tonight Pork Tamales, Pork Enchiladas. The Wife sugested My famous Green Chilli, and to be honest I dont have a recipe. I go the standard route with Tomatillos, Tomatoes, Onion, Garlic, Cumin, Hatch Chillis, Chicken Broth and such.

Usually when I do my Green I get a nice Broth going. This time with the smoked pull pork added it thickened it up and really changed the color.

To be Honest the flavor was incredible, it was a great Smoked Flavor Green Chilli. I will do it again.

Also Dont Judge me on some of the Pork missing.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

p1.JPG 710.8K
p2.JPG 647.2K
p.JPG 794.8K

Comments

• Can you give an idea of process? I'll make tomorrow
    Boom
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316

I used half an onion and 5 Garlic cloves sauted in till golden brown.

6 Cans Chicken Broth

7 Tomitillos

4 Tomatoes

4 Roasted Hatch Chillis

Spices to your Chilli Liking (Cumin, Pepper, Red Pepper)

I halved the Tomatoes and Tomatillos, once they were boiling I removed them and put them in a food processor.

Add as much pork as you like.

I cooked on the egg for almost 5 hours around 325. When the sauce cooked down I would add water and some Beer and keep repeating the process (Some people might disagree on this but I like to cook my chilli for a long time and this extends the process).

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Thanks for the recipe, looks like great way to use leftover pork.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Looks great, Tuttle!

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Thanks for the recipe, going to try this next time I do pulled pork.  I live in Pennsylvania not sure if it'll be hard to find hatch chiles and tomatillos
  • jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    I live in Pa., too. Tomatillos, easy. Hatch, unavailable now (and hard to get in season). If you don't like it very spicy, use fresh poblano. A little spicer, use serano. A little more, jalapeno. You need to roast and peel them.
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia