Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Egged Beef Wellington-Pic heavy!

Chevy_TechChevy_Tech Posts: 13
edited November 2012 in EggHead Forum
Have always wanted to try my hand at Beef Wellington, decided that today was the day! After it was assembled, it was cooked indirect at 425* for roughly
25 -30 mins, was shooting for 125* and hit it on the nose!
·

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,478
    damn, that looks good!

·
  • GarlicGarlic Posts: 40
    Would you be so kind and add the recipe that you used? SWMBO would like me to try my hand at that awesome looking cook.
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,409
    Looks great.  Did you use the liver pate?
  • Very nice
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • @tjcoley,I opted for the mushroom duxelle instead.used a mix of shitake & portabella
    ·
  • Nicely done!

I've been hesitant to do a beef welly because I keep imaging Gordon Ramsay bursting onto my deck and telling me what a DONKEY I am ;) 

Seriously though, great job!
    ·
  • Lol!
    image.jpg 55.3K
    ·
  • Nicely done!

I've been hesitant to do a beef welly because I keep imaging Gordon Ramsay bursting onto my deck and telling me what a DONKEY I am ;) 

Seriously though, great job!
    Here is a recipe that will keep Ramsay vocal chords at bay.
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • CowdogsCowdogs Posts: 483
    Is that some sort of coarse salt on the outside.  It looks really good.
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,599
    That is beautiful  #-o.  I too am curious about the salt (?) on the outside.  Those are some big crystals...it looks almost like a pretzel. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg wing. 
    2014 Wing King's Apprentice
    ·