Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

first timer on ribs

hey guys first time doin ribs! they have been on for about 2hrs now at 275 dome temp. should i flip them at any point or just let them go they are bone side down now
·

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 13,977
    Let them go till the meat pulls away from the bone. Post pics.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • jbqjbq Posts: 25
    thanks will do! will try to post some pics new the forum 
    ·
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,414
    Yes, just let them sit. Don't bother looking for another 1.75 hours from your last post. You should find the meat drawn back from the bone tips. if you try to lift them at the center of the rack, and they fold in half, they are done. If you can almost tug a bone out, they are done. Otherwise, let them go.
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,094
    Here are a couple of ways to tell if they are done-full rack, the bend test-pick up one end with a set of tongs and if you get a 90* bend then finished-or the toothpick test-insert a toothpick into the thickest meat on the ribs-no resistance in or out=done.  I'm sure they will turn out great.
    Louisville
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 13,679
    Be sure to post pictures so we can comment - nice rack!

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,977
    Nola...really. Here comes another troll hit...lol
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 13,679
    the horses left the barn long ago....

·
    they are lookin goooood!!!! thanks to all you guys!!!
    ·
    sorry for the same pic 5 times still a newbi one day i will get the hang of it big thanks to all!!!!!
    ·