Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Food Processor Pizza Dough

FockerFocker Posts: 1,119
edited November 2012 in EggHead Forum

We've all probably got one sitting in a cupboard.  Stumbled upon this interesting theory, and am slowly becoming a convert.

http://slice.seriouseats.com/archives/2010/10/the-pizza-lab-how-to-make-great-new-york-style-pizza.html

Fellow egger Carolina Q steered me to this easy peasy New York style dough.  Yields 3 14" doughballs.

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2010/10/new-york-style-pizza.html?ref=search

It is best to use the regular blade, dough blade is not necessary.  Recipe says to pulse for 15 sec...more like 30-45 sec.  Another tip learned the hard way is to use bottled water.  Some tap water kills yeast, at least mine does.  Best results have been with a 2 day cold rise.

With a scale, bowl, and FP, it takes less than 5 minutes to throw this together.

For today's Zas, I tried going with 1/3 KA Whole Wheat and 2/3 KA Bread flour.  Setup consisted of inverted platesetter, egg feet, stone.  Temp was a couple of ticks above five hundo.

First pie:  alfredo sauce, mozz, chedda, ernyin, grn pepp, parfrozen grilled chicken breast, basil. 

Second pie: Enrico's pizza sauce, mozz, chedda, grn pepp, ernyin, roasted red pepp, sausage, anchovies, basil.

Ol' Unkie Pook hit paydirt like the Bears Defense by getting a 2, 5, and 6 year old to eat ernyin, peppers, and basil.  Was shocked they liked the first one, so I went a little overboard with the second for the "big boys". 

First try of the anchovies.  Glad I scaled back and used only 4 chopped filets.   

Having issues with the pics, apologies in advance.

Brandon
Quad Cities
"The most important ingredient in cooking is restraint."--Chris Bianco

Comments