Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Food Processor Pizza Dough

FockerFocker Posts: 1,474
edited November 2012 in EggHead Forum

We've all probably got one sitting in a cupboard.  Stumbled upon this interesting theory, and am slowly becoming a convert.

http://slice.seriouseats.com/archives/2010/10/the-pizza-lab-how-to-make-great-new-york-style-pizza.html

Fellow egger Carolina Q steered me to this easy peasy New York style dough.  Yields 3 14" doughballs.

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2010/10/new-york-style-pizza.html?ref=search

It is best to use the regular blade, dough blade is not necessary.  Recipe says to pulse for 15 sec...more like 30-45 sec.  Another tip learned the hard way is to use bottled water.  Some tap water kills yeast, at least mine does.  Best results have been with a 2 day cold rise.

With a scale, bowl, and FP, it takes less than 5 minutes to throw this together.

For today's Zas, I tried going with 1/3 KA Whole Wheat and 2/3 KA Bread flour.  Setup consisted of inverted platesetter, egg feet, stone.  Temp was a couple of ticks above five hundo.

First pie:  alfredo sauce, mozz, chedda, ernyin, grn pepp, parfrozen grilled chicken breast, basil. 

Second pie: Enrico's pizza sauce, mozz, chedda, grn pepp, ernyin, roasted red pepp, sausage, anchovies, basil.

Ol' Unkie Pook hit paydirt like the Bears Defense by getting a 2, 5, and 6 year old to eat ernyin, peppers, and basil.  Was shocked they liked the first one, so I went a little overboard with the second for the "big boys". 

First try of the anchovies.  Glad I scaled back and used only 4 chopped filets.   

Having issues with the pics, apologies in advance.

Brandon
Quad Cities
"The most important ingredient in cooking is restraint."--Chris Bianco

Comments