Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Seasoning suggestions for first spatchcock chicken?

What's the trick to using the text formatting icons in posts, they are always grayed out? 
LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 16,111
    They seem to work for me.  Are you on a mobile device?
    This is my signature line just so you're not confused.
    Large and Medium BGE, Kamado Joe Jr., smoker with a 5k btu AC, gas grill, fire pit, pack of angry cats, two turntables and a microphone, my friend.
    New Orleans, LA - we know how to eat 

• Either DP Jamaican Firewalk, or this (Busha Browne Jerk wet rub). We like the DP slightly better, but ran out. We get the Busha Browne wet rub at Fresh Market in Chattanooga.

Not sure about the text formatting.
  • bookswbooksw Posts: 234
    We sprinkle on soysauce and white wine and then rub in some mustard and mashed garlic
    Charleston, SC
  • Lawry's..
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,815 a#$
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,153
    Thanks #booksw, I'm trying to avoid another trip to the store but I have all that and will give that try. (I am on an iPad, maybe the formatting just isn't Safari compatible).
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,284
    Besides all the usual rubs: kosher salt, coarse ground black pepper, garlic in your favorite form, celery seed, and rosemary.
  • How about nothing or minimal salt&pepper?  Flavor from the wood smoke.  Then dip in your favorite sauces while enjoying.

Just finished a turkey breast that way (used cherry), and it is the best I've ever tasted.  Very clean flavor and perfectly moist.  Add favorite sauce and .......... can't beat this with a stick!