Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Back in the saddle with a spatchcock chicken

I've been in Bavaria for the last 5 weeks, which was great, but I haven't been able to cook for that time. Back home yesterday, and fired up the egg with a spatchcock chicken and roasted potatoes/carrots/onions/garlic. Wet rub jerk seasoning on the chicken. Looks kind of like poo in the pictures, but it tastes great. We get the Busha Browne's at the Fresh Market in Chattanooga.

And I have to put up one picture from Bavaria.....from a stairwell in a parking garage. Guess maybe there is a lot of beer in Bavaria.....
LBGE
·

Comments

• bud812bud812 Posts: 1,288
    I'm glad that that sign isn't in my yard..  :))

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

·
  • Remind me not to visit Altotting. Very restrictive covenants. Nice bird.
    XL BGE w/CyberQ Wifi, KCBS CTC CBJ
    North Tahoe, CA
    ·
  • Welcome back, good to see you have your priorities right. After 5 weeks away, light the egg!
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • Nice cook! Have to get some of this Rub. I have a fresh market close. Bavaria is nice too. Lived in Germany for 1 year. Stuttgart area.
    Kind Regards...Papa C
    Peachtree City, GA
    2-XLBG's E...Webber 22" kettle, Retired Gas Grill
    Roll Tide!!!
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,475
    I need a sign like that in my front yard.....urban living.

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,249
    Do you cook your veggies under the chicken?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • My wife would love to put that sign up in our backyard.  Women can be so jealous, at times.  :D

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Gateway to the Hill Country

·
  • It's me, 2 sons, and a male dog. My wife gave up that fight a long time ago. She is surrounded.

·
  • Henapple, I cooked the bird first, 375, direct, raised. Let it rest under foil and did the veggies direct at the normal low height.

Village Idiot, better be careful.....
    LBGE
    ·