Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Turbo butt foil question

Trying my first turbo butt today, 4.5# bone in butt put on at 350 grid temp. 2hrs 15min later and I just wrapped it in foil at 160F and am going to take it to 190. Does anyone take it out of the foil and back on grid for a bit to crunch up the bark at the end, sort of like 3-1-1 BB ribs?
LBGE, Twin Eagle 36" grill to hold my EGGcessories

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 17,458
    For the record, the foil is not a must (just most do).  Just like the butt box to hold unless you need to make time....
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• I do the turbo 325- 350 but do not put in foil it will not take that much longer and it helps with a better bark
    Life is short,love what you do or do something else