Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tri-Tip Steak Suggestions

Options
IlliniEgger
IlliniEgger Posts: 53
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I found a local butcher who has set aside some Trip-Tip steaks for me. I am egging them tonight. any suggestions? I've eaten them before in CA, but never cooked them. Any suggestions would be helpful as long as they include a cold adult bevarge. Happy weekend![p]IlliniEgger

Comments

• WVU-Egg
    WVU-Egg Posts: 101
    Options
    IlliniEgger,
    I fixed some earlier this week and loved them best with just some Dizzy Pig cow lick rub on them.[p]But my steaks were not that thick so I just cooked them at 625 for about 3 to 4 minutes per side until medium rare.[p]I'm going to do a Tri Tip roast next week.

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,890
    Options
    IlliniEgger,
    Where??? I get nothing but blank stares when I ask about a tri-tip in Peoria!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • IlliniEgger
    Options
    RRP,
    I got on the phone today and called all around and came up with two places - Rabers on Farmington Road and Alwans on War Memorial. I ended up at Alwans because it is on the way home. He brought out a big slab and I watched him cut it off. A thing of beauty!! He trimmed off the fat as I am slicing and cooking as steaks.[p]IlliniEgger

• JeffHughes
    JeffHughes Posts: 100
    Options
    IlliniEgger,[p]Noooo...[p]Don't slice(drys out too fast), cook as a roast at 450* with some smoke and a rub like DizzyPig Cowlick...[p]Enjoy one of the tastiest cuts around...[p]Regards--Jeff