Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Table build thread - lots of pics

124»

Comments

• Very  nice indeed.  Enjoy your new table.
    ·
  • dweebs0rdweebs0r Posts: 502
    Very nice table.  Way to go.  Thanks for the construction pics.  Inspiring for us novice woodworkers.
    -Jody Newell (LBGE & a mini BGE!)
    ·
  • GLWGLW Posts: 178
    WOW!  Just beautiful.
    When in doubt add more pepper.
    ·
  • ETBee said:
    Why the small wheels?  I put 5 inch wheels on mine and they are smooth as glass.  I never had good luck with the smaller wheels for outdoor applications.

I selected the casters based on the size of the mounting plate, the ability to lock, and the load bearing capacity.  Anything larger and the plates would have been bigger than the table legs.  I don't anticipate moving the table all that much anyway.  It will only be moved around when I need to re-seal the deck each year (or two).

Thanks for the question.  One of the reasons I started this thread was to generate discussions about design options, materials, and building techniques.

Are those 4x4 posts? if so, where did you get the casters to fit the posts?  I am struggling to find ones that fit right due to mounting plate.
    ·
  • daffy1909daffy1909 Posts: 447
    good job on the table!!!! and great looking shop!! nice tools!! ^:)^
    ·