Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Going to try a different approach

cazzycazzy Posts: 6,504
edited November 2012 in EggHead Forum
So after seeing the BBQ with Franklin videos, I'm going to prep and Q tonight's brisket a little differently.  To start, i'm going to mirror his approach for trimming the brisket as his video showed me that I'm missing some spots that I should be trimming.  Second, I'm going to use equal parts pepper and k-salt for my rub and ensure my brisket sits for 1 hour before I throw it on.  Should I season it after it rests?  I'd imagine so but what is your opinion?

After watching several videos, it appears Aaron Q's his brisket at around 320.  I think i'm going to shoot for 300 dome.  With that, do you think i'm looking at 1-1.5 hours per #?

Also, I know Aaron wraps his brisket half way through his cook with butcher paper.  He mentions that he does that so he doesn't over smoke his meat so since i'm only adding oak chunks, I don't think that technique is necessary.  At some point, I do want to try it to see if it has any benefit to the texture of my brisket.

Please share your thoughts and I especially hope his biggest fan chimes in.   :D
Just a hack that makes some shitty BBQ...

Comments