Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

DP Red Eye Lamb Loin Chops on the Mini

I bought some lamb loin chops the other day but forgot to pick up some fresh herbs for a marinade. I searched for alternatives and found Egret's marinade recipe here (http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/624326/loin-lamb-chops-advice) which uses dried herbs which I had in stock plus a little dried thyme. I also remembered that Smitty at Eggs By The Bay gave me a sample of DP's Red Eye Express that I'd been meaning to try so after about 10 hrs of marinade, I removed the chops and rubbed them with the DP rub.
Got the Mini fired up to about 325 and put the chops on indirect (just a little drip pan): Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
They got up to temp quicker than I'd expected so I took out the Woo & pan and did a quick reverse sear: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Pulled them in the low 130s & let them rest a bit: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Then sliced (lost a little pink in the pic): Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Tender, juicy, and an incredible flavor! Best lamb loin chops I've ever had. Definitely getting some more rub and repeating this again.
XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
Bay Area, CA

Comments