Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

• Yes, this is the one I have.  Very good quality.  Highly recommend.  I have the High Temp probes.
    Brighton, IL (North East of St. Louis, MO)
  • If you choose to purchase, definitely go with one of the kits,as it saves you a fair amount of money.  The high temp meat probe armor makes a small opening in your gasket as it is fairly substantial but I took a razor knife and cut small grooves in the gasket to allow pass through.  The channel is small enough that the coals still extinguish when the vents are closed.  Thermoworks is also having a 20% off sale right now on replacement/extra probes.  I use my unit with some lengths of thermocouple extension wire I salvaged off a retired machine at work and set the handheld unit inside my porch where I can hear the alarm.  As there is only one channel with an alarm, for low and slows, I have set it up for the overnight portion monitoring grid temp in case the coals need a stir, then in the morning, I exchange the probes in the sockets and reset the alarm for the meat target temp to prevent overcooking.  For this type of duty, you will have to disable the time out feature on the monitor.  The unit is industrial grade and should last pretty much forever.  If it must be outside during a cook I would place it in a ziplock bag in case of rain.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa