Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Curry Rubbed Pork Shoulder

I just got a LBGE 2 weeks ago, the best birthday present a guy like me could ask for.  This beautiful saturday morning in california i am about to put on a curry rubbed pork shoulder with jack daniels wood chips.  never tried to use indian inspired seasoning for bbq before, so i am interested how it will come out.  i rubbed down the pork last night and the left covered in my fridge.  the smell is so flavorful and pungent, i cant wait to get it on the BGE.  i made my own curry seasoning with a lot of freshly grounded spices.  this could be good, i am eggcited (how cheesy does that sound?)

·

Comments

• SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,267
    Vive la Curry-Q !  Different. Should be ok, though. And if it's too 'odd' you can always slather it in BBQ sauce and it'll still be fine.  
    ·
  • Should be good. Did you toast the whole spice and grind? I just lit two eggs in a blizzard

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,419
    Blizzard?  We had to turn on the AC last night.

·
  • You poor souls. How can you live in that kinda heat? :((

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    Sweat, gas and 'lectricity.

·
  • Been down there in the summer man. Ain't no dry heat

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    Yeah, doesn't get as hot as some places but it's as humid as a laundry hamper in a locker room.

Next 4 months will be nice.  It's 74 F and sunny out right now.

·
  • Think we went away just now. Apologies to the OP

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    We use curry in lots of non-Indian dishes - it's a very versatile seasoning.  SWMBO just made curry chicken salad with grapes this morning - delicious. 

I think it'll work.

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 12,875
    Do a spatchcock with heavy hickory smoke...pull and make chicken salad...yum
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·