Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Flag Abuse

I was worried about the flags when they were introduced. Too easy for people to abuse them. Looks like I have been proven right. Some new guy, ayayron, who just signed up at 9:22 tonight, no posts yet, has already Spammed me 1, Abuse 1 and Troll 5 times in about 30 minutes. Seems a bit fishy. Tweeve maybe? Somebody else who seems to have a gripe with me? Check your stats and see if he's hit you. Something is gonna have to be done about this. Not sure what. It's obvious this person has to have something against me and created another handle just to attack me.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited November 2012
    Looks like he/she...and his/her BS flags...are gone!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Just saw that, too. Everything has been set back to zero. Good to know our moderators/those in charge are on top of things. Thank you guys. You rock!

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    I don't think its fixed.  his avatar still shows under your comments on this very thread with an abuse and a disagree!  if i click on his avatar all categories are zero if i click on either of yours there are still some on there.  unless these are new.  looks like you have a new friend either way.  i have some raid under the sink for cockroaches its pretty potent stuff will ship for free if needed!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    The user profile doesn't show what the user has posted as feedback.  It shows the community feedback towards that user.  ayayron never posted anything.  It's the same script kiddie as usual. 
    Yeah...after I commented a couple of more flags showed up, but the previous flags against Griff were removed prior to that.  Hopefully the powers that be ban the account. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• nolaegghead
    edited November 2012
    Don't worry about it.   Just don't be mean to anyone (unless you know them and it's in jest).  I never say anything inflammatory to the smurfers.  I did get a gif (animated image) file get marked as a 'troll' by some guy.  Obviously wasn't a troll gif.  Oh well, whatever.

yeah, he got me 21 times.  lol  I could care less as I actually kinda find it flattering. :P
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • nolaegghead
    hahahaha. I love it.
    Hey, if i'm going to be know around these parts as a troll, can I at least be a Viking Troll??  

• nolaegghead
    testdmt00>select 'Flag Abuse' from dual;

'FLAGABUSE
    ----------
    Flag Abuse

testdmt00>c/l

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    I proudly carry my Troll flag given to me by McNuttly.
    you only wish you were half the troll I am Fred!!
  • cazzy said:
    Yeah, I saw the Vikings troll.  Very nice!  You might need to rub that troll's hair a few times for your Vikings this Sunday.  Seattle has a good team this year.
    Flint, Michigan
  • I feel kinda left out. Thought I was becoming part of the group. Guess not :((
    Boom
  • nolaegghead

cazzy said:
    Yeah, I saw the Vikings troll.  Very nice!  You might need to rub that troll's hair a few times for your Vikings this Sunday.  Seattle has a good team this year.
    The Packers had the "scab officials" handicap against Seattle - they shoulda won that game.  Still, they're a formidable team.  Good luck.  The Saints are screwed this year, so I hope ya'll take up the slack.
  • cazzy said:
    Fred - what are you drinking?
    the "horney" headed purple people eater wonders will persevere. (I know you don't need any help Cazzy, just talking to Fred)
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    edited November 2012

We'll see.  The Seahawk defense is pretty good this year.  Their offense is not bad either.  Their QB Wilson is starting to play pretty good and their RB Lynch is gobbling up yards. 

Just a little help for you Skiddy and the rest of my Canadian brethren; a "yard" is a little shorter than a "meter" by a couple of inches...er a few centimeters.  I hope that helps you understand and enjoy "American Football".  Oh, I think there's no "e" in "horny"   

Flint, Michigan
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    My money is on Travis. Bet he had to guard Fort Hood last night and got lonesome :ar!
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,566
    edited November 2012

So I get flagged as a troll for asking what a video means? I didn't know if it backed the OP or not. Yup the flag option needs work.

Edit; so I am dumb, it was the op calling me a troll, Talk about calling the kettle black. I believe that thread was deleted.

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    One thing I have noticed on the iphone the "off topic, agree, disagree, like" buttons are always there, so it's pretty easy to accidentally click on one of those when you are scrolling through a page.  Obviously someone was intentionally throwing around flags...but I suspect there have been a few accidental flags as well.  

• Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    edited November 2012

So I get flagged as a troll for asking what a video means? I didn't know if it backed the OP or not. Yup the flag option needs work.

Edit; so I am dumb, it was the op calling me a troll, Talk about calling the kettle black. I believe that thread was deleted.

The thread is still up.  That jerk "Trolled" me and I carry that proudly.
    Flint, Michigan
  • gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
    I think this whole internet thing is bound to be abused so lets just shut it down ;)

Seriously I think the idea of flagging comes from the right place and if there is a little bit of abuse and some small minded individuals use it as a tool to disrupt normally smooth operation of the forum too bad.  I think for truly helpful members the good flags will out weigh any given by petty spiteful folks.  Maybe there could be a system that can review negative flags given to people that receive mostly positive feedback.

Gerhard
  • We'll see.  The Seahawk defense is pretty good this year.  Their offense is not bad either.  Their QB Wilson is starting to play pretty good and their RB Lynch is gobbling up yards. 

Just a little help for you Skiddy and the rest of my Canadian brethren; a "yard" is a little shorter than a "meter" by a couple of inches...er a few centimeters.  I hope that helps you understand and enjoy "American Football".  Oh, I think there's no "e" in "horny"   

Fred thanks so much. I could never understand that imperial stuff. In Canadian football they use metres and there are only three downs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_American_and_Canadian_football#Playing_area

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,566

I think the whole flag thing just can't work.  All we really need is a "report" button and moderators that can stay on top of things.

Maybe they can limit things like this buy not letting people use that function unless they log so many weeks as a member with out being reported as being a troll. Maybe make it a requirement to log a certain number of posts to become a full member. Most people that hang around here for long periods of time won't abuse the privilege.