Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

First Time Pizza Cook - Need Help... PICS

First time to try pizza and I have some questions.  I've learned many tips from the board about successful pies and have seen many great looking pics. However, my first effort was short of excellent. I used two different flavors of store bought dough from Tom Thumb.  One was white wheat and the other was garlic and herb.  BGE temp was 500 degrees, PS legs down, used a 3 inch stand to raise the level of the pie in the dome and cooked @ 20 minutes.  I cooked the white wheat on a William Sonoma skillet/waffle griddle just because it was convenient and I didn't have to transfer the pie from cookie sheet to pizza stone. The dough was not completely done in the middle.  I don't know if it was due to the waffle griddle, or maybe I didn't cook it long enough.  Pizza was ok.  I used a pizza stone for the garlic and herb pie. The garlic dough was overpowering (won't use again) and I let the pie sit out too long before transferring to the pizza stone.  Therefore, it stuck to the cutting board and as you can tell by the pics it looks like a two year old made it.  The thin part of the pie was decent, but the thick crust wasn't cooked all the way through.  I like the convenience of using a CI skillet, but wanted a more Neopolitan style pie.

What is the easiest method to transfer pie to hot pizza stone?  Also, how can you tell when the pie is done?

Any other tips or input is greatly appreciated.

Comments