Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg set-up on a boat-pic

Options
2»

Comments

• boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273
    Options

I have a stove and oven in the Galley.   I have a propane (screw in bottle) powered mobile grill that attaches to the rail that we use when anchored.  Pretty much 1950's style cooking - but at least I can burn burgers, a steak, or a piece of salmon.

How I have wished to be out on the water cookin on the Egg ...  Just haven't found the solution that I think would work for me.

I think the issue is with the fact that there is still a high percentage of Gas ( vs Diesel) boats.  Gas fumes settle, especially if a boat has been tied up for a couple of weeks with no activity.

Fire is a constant concern, if a fire starts in a marina - really bad news.

Cookin in Texas
  • bbrawler
    Options

A large number of charter fishing boats have an Egg on board.  That was actually my first exposure to an Egg.  You can't get much fresher than pulling a big Red Snapper out of the gulf, cleaning it and slapping it on a hot egg.  Swimming to belly in 20 minutes.  I was hooked (no pun intended) from that moment.