Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Deep Dish Day Old Sketty Pie

Options
A lovely redneck dish. 

Softened cream cheese in the microwave and added a thin layer:

Day old sketty:
Added a little pizza sauce on top, then lots of cheese:

About 425 for 25 minutes.  I brushed the exposed crust with garlic butter after about 10-15 minutes.
Sorry for the blurry pic.

Not really happy with the rise on the crust...but getting there. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

Comments

• Mike8it
    Mike8it Posts: 468
    Options
    That's an interesting cook. Where you happy with the end results minus the rise on the crust?
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    My kids would be all over this.  They are always eating those spaghetti tacos from the iCarly show.  Thanks for the idea.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    Dayum!!  What a great way to get rid of leftover spaghetti.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Mike8it said:
    That's an interesting cook. Where you happy with the end results minus the rise on the crust?
    Indeed!  It was darn good.  The spaghetti was very plain (don't tell my wife).  It was ground beef and a jar of ragu.  I think with some sketty with a little more "love" in it...would be outta site. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    My kids would be all over this.  They are always eating those spaghetti tacos from the iCarly show.  Thanks for the idea.
    You bet!  As a kid I loved eating spaghetti sandwhiches on plain wheat bread when my mom would make it. 

BOWHUNR said:
    Dayum!!  What a great way to get rid of leftover spaghetti.

Mike
    Thanks Mike!  This was fun because everything came out of the fridge.  First time in a while I didn't run to the store for something.  As you can see...random assortment of almost empty shredded cheeses!

• Austin  Egghead
    Options
    Dayum! I make have to make spaghetti tonight just so I can make this dish tomorrow. There was a Tavern in Crosswicks NJ that severed a similar pie. Thanks for bring back some nice memories. 
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx