Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Can Lump go stale?

Not sure if calling it stale is the proper term to use but I ask....can lump go bad over time? If so what is the shelf life and what happens when it does go bad? Does it burn weaker or smell different or deteriorate into smaller pieces over time?
I have four bags of lump from Feb 2012 and I'm wondering if its still good.
Thanks
·

Comments

• I have used lump significantly older than that and noticed absolutely nothing off or different. I think you are good.
    Clarendon Hills, IL
    ·
  • SundownSundown Posts: 2,890
    lump is close to pure carbon. No matter haw long it sits in your shed or cellar it ain't gonna go bad.
    ·
  • Yeah, but just save it to make stuffing with. it's delicious :))

·
  • I'm hoping to discover the lump at the bottom of my hoard pile turned to diamonds.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,905
    I take my expired lump, put it in my diamond press and make jewels.  Makes me popular with SWMBO.

·
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 903
    If you're lumps expires, you need to turn in you BGE ownership card
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14
    Tampa Bay, FL
    ·
  • Thanksgiving is over up here so no lump stuffing for us.
    ·
  • Maybe Santa can use it for stocking stuffers for naughty children?

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,519
    when in doubt, send it to me.

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,905
    "Santa, I've been really, really bad, but could ya put some environmentally responsible renewable WGWW in my stocking instead of coal?! PLEEEEAZE"

·
  • Okay fellas, I read yall loud and clear! That lumps has gone to the sh1ts and needs to be sent to the dump. Thanks for saving me from BBQ disaster. You guys are the best! >:D<
    ·