Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Strange find - BGE stainless steel grid

SpanishJoeSpanishJoe Posts: 28
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So it's lunchtime, and I'm killing time at my local BBQ patio store, shooing some customers away from a BubbaKeg and toward a BGE, and suddenly I spy a BGE product I haven't seen before.

It's an 18" cooking grid, apparently made of stainless steel, and one side flips up a bit (1/4 of the surface) so one could put in more charcoal. There is a stack of about 6, in plastic bags, and pretty dusty. It even has handles.

The grid that came with my Large is the cheapo porcelain one, and it's already pretty rusty and worn after only about a year. I was looking for a cast iron one, but the rust, and the seasoning, and the sticking, meh - too much work. What I want is a nice thick stainless steel one that will last just about forever. I know I can order one third-party from the States, but in Canada, the importation duties are cost prohibitive.

Is this grid actually an BGE product that was discontinued? If so, then why? Cost? The store is asking $125 CDN for it (about $100 USD) - is that WAY too much? I am sorely tempted.

Opinions?

Comments