Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Strange find - BGE stainless steel grid

Options
SpanishJoe
SpanishJoe Posts: 28
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So it's lunchtime, and I'm killing time at my local BBQ patio store, shooing some customers away from a BubbaKeg and toward a BGE, and suddenly I spy a BGE product I haven't seen before.

It's an 18" cooking grid, apparently made of stainless steel, and one side flips up a bit (1/4 of the surface) so one could put in more charcoal. There is a stack of about 6, in plastic bags, and pretty dusty. It even has handles.

The grid that came with my Large is the cheapo porcelain one, and it's already pretty rusty and worn after only about a year. I was looking for a cast iron one, but the rust, and the seasoning, and the sticking, meh - too much work. What I want is a nice thick stainless steel one that will last just about forever. I know I can order one third-party from the States, but in Canada, the importation duties are cost prohibitive.

Is this grid actually an BGE product that was discontinued? If so, then why? Cost? The store is asking $125 CDN for it (about $100 USD) - is that WAY too much? I am sorely tempted.

Opinions?

Comments