Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

My New Table (with pics) and A Question

After researching ideas and tips on this forum, I am now the proud owner of a new custom table for my large BGE. Due to a severe disparity between my high standards and low (carpentry) skills, I had a local handyman build it for me. Ignore the side shelves, I snapped this picture before I had a chance to take those off. Question: the BGE sits on firepit bricks, but to be safe I wanted to add the small "feet" to allow for airflow. All my dealer had were three of these small feet, which they gave me for free. Are these enough to allow adequate airflow, and will three support the weight of the egg?
LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
image.jpg 801K
image.jpg 950.8K

• Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,971
    Three is the magic number. I put mine at the 12,4 and 8 o'clock position. That way they do not get in the way of the bottom draft slider.
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,348
    That's all I got with mine (large) but I never bothered to put them under. I haven't looked at the wood under my paver though and I learned I may need the airgap. Good looking table and welcome aboard!
  • BoydBoyd Posts: 7
    BGE has a new Table nest that works much better than the feet. The egg sits in the table nest very solid and gives it plenty of air flow. Just a question;  why the egg mate shelves? Looks like you can't fold them down.
  • The feet are fine but the small table nest is just a bit more stable. Raised the egg about 2" overall.
    But from the pics you should be fine as long as your not rolling the table around much.