Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Brisket for Chili

For those of you who use brisket in their you grind it, or cube it? When I use chuck, I usually cube into 1" cubes if I have the time. If I am in a hurry, I'll use the 3/4" plate on my grinder for a nice coarse grind.

Any recommendations on the brisket?

• I take a brisket flat or point and slice it up with my knives. When I am done it looks a lot like a coarse grind and tastes great.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
  • AleBrewerAleBrewer Posts: 555
    Thanks Sam. I ended up trying a coarse grind, but the brisket seems to just fall apart when browning it no matter how coarse you grind it. Chili turned out well in spite of that.
  • HDmstngHDmstng Posts: 167
    How about smoking the entire brisket first and then chopping and using in chili?
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,469
    HDmstng said:
    How about smoking the entire brisket first and then chopping and using in chili?
    I've done that with a seven-bone roast, it was great!  
    Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  
    Ogden, Utard.  
  • GLWGLW Posts: 178
    I've messed up a few briskets and find that a failed chopped up brisket makes great chili.
    When in doubt add more pepper.