Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Get ready to turn up the heat as we dive into August. While there are only a few weeks left to perfect those tailgate recipes, summer isn’t over yet! Two things we’ll be making this month are Chile Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops and Bell Pepper Kabobs. Then, relax after a cookout with a cool dessert cooked on your EGG - Ice Cream Sandwiches! You can mix and match your favorite cookie flavors with ice cream flavors. Simple, yet delicious!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Last minute Pork Tenderloin Cook

cazzycazzy Posts: 8,255
Never egged a pork tenderloin, so I figured why not as it went perfect with a mac & cheese recipe I wanted to try.  

After unwrapping, I was surprised to find 2 tenderloins, so I seasoned one w/ Shaking the Tree and the other with Raging River.  Grilled @ 450 at stock grid height and rotated every 5-8 minutes till it reached 140 internal temp.  Very very quick cook and I will be cooking these again as they were fork tender, super moist and a huge hit with the family.

Oh, the mac & cheese was good but I think I got a lil heavy handed with the cheese. haha

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....

Comments

• Mighty_QuinnMighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    edited October 2012
    Looks great...raging river on pork tenderloin is my favorite use for that rub...even more so than on salmon.
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,597
    Nice crust...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • LitLit Posts: 4,028
    I agree tenderloins are great on the egg. I did 2 tonight with the new dizzy whirly bird but I seared and then went indirect. I need to try mac and cheese. What's your recipe?
  • That looks great Cazzy!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

• cazzycazzy Posts: 8,255
    henapple said:
    Nice crust...
    Yeah, was very happy with the crust.  Especially since I didn't really sear.
    Lit said:
    I agree tenderloins are great on the egg. I did 2 tonight with the new dizzy whirly bird but I seared and then went indirect. I need to try mac and cheese. What's your recipe?
    Yeah, mine was all direct.  Even though the results were great, i'll try your method next time.

Here is the mac & cheese recipe I used:

That looks great Cazzy!
    Thanks Fred!  If you haven't done tenderloins, do some soon.  Really is a bang for your buck cook!
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,964
    Pork tenderloin is a bargain.  Never have tried it on the egg.  Thanks for the suggestion.

• SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,284
    140F I.T. is the key!
  • bodskibodski Posts: 365
    Pork tenderloin was one of my first cooks - a 5 pounder. It sold my wife on the egg. We've done a lot of them over the years and this was one of the best. +1 on 140 internal temp. It was perfect.

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Gasser

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,597
    I tried a stuffed tl last week ...it was a fail but I learned to cut one flat, how to smoke sausage and how not to overcook one.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,004
    Great looking cook, Caz. Reminded me we haven't done tenderloins in awhile. And yes, they normally come two to a bag.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• BudgeezerBudgeezer Posts: 523
    Looks great, I was looking for something for dinner tonight.
    Edina, MN

• cspearce2cspearce2 Posts: 107
    Awesome looking.  Was planning on doing some this weekend.
    Kind Regards...Papa C
    Peachtree City, GA
    2-XLBG's E...Webber 22" kettle, Retired Gas Grill
    Roll Tide!!!
  • Looks great, and yes they are easy!
    LBGE
  • IMO, not much beats Pork Tenderloin done medium on the Egg.

I injected and used Bad Byron's, but both are great rubs I hear.

• KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    Pork tenderloin was my first cook on my new large egg 4 weeks ago. It was my first cook on the egg and was totally lost and excited. The outcome was incredible! I used some homemade rub (bobby flay recipe) that I use on my ribs. My wife and family were instantly hooked on egging!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • I showed my wife your pictures, she told me to cook some this weekend! Got an estimate of total time or is just to temp?
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA

I showed my wife your pictures, she told me to cook some this weekend! Got an estimate of total time or is just to temp?

Always to temp but it will be a very quick cook as there isn't a lot of volume in a pork tenderloin. If I estimated, it took me about 20 minutes tops but that's probably because I didn't sear like some do. I achieved my crust by cooking each side for 5-7 minutes, then rotated. I also pulled mine at 140, but I'd suggest you pull yours at 135. I also would suggest to rest for 10-15 minutes before carving.

Good luck! Easy cook, just don't over cook and you'll have great results.

• Look out ladies and gentlemen, we have a photographer in the house.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.

Look out ladies and gentlemen, we have a photographer in the house.

LOL Travis...you're funny. I try that's for sure. I do as best as I can with my Canon P&S. Can't wait to get a DSLR :D