Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pork butt and more atomic buffalo turds. Pics

meturnclmeturncl Posts: 40
Smoked a 4lb pork shoulder and made some more atomic buffalo turds. Those things are great. And I remembered to sprinkle my favorite butt rub on the turds. Delicious. image
Geaux Tigers

image.jpg 1.1M
image.jpg 785K
image.jpg 723.7K

Comments

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 7,086
    That is a beautiful site!  Love the pic on the egg.  

I made a few butts once and when I put the butts foiled in the cooler I pinched of a hunk o pork and made ABT's with the fresh pulled pork.  They were egggggcellent.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,108
    Your picture shows the pork shoulder and ABTs on at the same time...Did you add the ABTs near the end, or start them together and take them off mid-way?
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,675
    butt rub on the turds....3 words that don't belong together. Looks great and love the idea of pp in the abt.

Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Abt were put on the last hour of the cook
    Geaux Tigers

• SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,284
    Looks direct, you didn't have trouble with bacon dripping on the coals creating undesirable smoke flavor?
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 7,086
    There's a plate setter in there.  Looks like it has gotten plenty of use cause it's black...so hard to see :).  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• That looks really good!  I'll bite on the rub.  What's your "favorite butt rub"?  Inquiring minds want to know.  I haven't really settled on one favorite.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

• meturnclmeturncl Posts: 40
    Im getting rubs from all over now. First, I was using the Bad Byron's Butt Rub but I cannot find it anymore at the store. A guy from work told me about the  http://www.texasbbqrub.com/shopping.html and Ive ordered their Grand Champion Rub and it has been my "go to" for everything.  I have an Uncle in Alvin Texas, he shipped some Stantons Seasonings. I go between both the texasbbqrub and Stantons.  
    Geaux Tigers