Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Is parsley considered a vegetable?

You will notice a little sprinkled on the plate.

·

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,875
    Yeah, you got the meat and vegetable parts of the food pyramid down!

You posted in a weird forum - "Forum List" - I'm not sure I know exactly what it's supposed to be.

·
  • NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,246
    It's green and I don't like to eat it, YEP!  It's a vegetable ;)

GREAT looking steak.
    ·
  • If I was playing "20 Questions" and asked "Is it animal, vegetable or mineral?", the proper response speaks for itself.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 2,964
    It's an herb the way you used it.  
    Were you to use enough to chew it (a la basil in pesto) then it'd be a vegetable.  

:D

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    I only eat things that have a face. Good thing potatoes have eyes.
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Looks like a good mix to me
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • probe1957probe1957 Posts: 209
    Parsley is definitely a vegetable and so is barley.  Looks like you got it covered.  Way to  eat healthy.
    ·
  • If I was playing "20 Questions" and asked "Is it animal, vegetable or mineral?", the proper response speaks for itself.

I've been called both an Animal AND a vegetable! I've got references named Sheila, Paula, Grace etc who called me a animal! I rode the short bus to school. Hence animal and vegetable! Me thinks parsley is an herb and a condiment. Just my 2 cents worth ...
    ·
  • Well, it you ask Simon and Garfunkle, they'd call it an herb, along with sage, rosemary, and thyme.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
    hmmm...reminds me of an adolescent joke from days of yore, inappropriate for this family forum.  Q: What's the difference between parsley and _____?  A: No one eats parsley. 

·
  • hmmm...reminds me of an adolescent joke from days of yore, inappropriate for this family forum.  Q: What's the difference between parsley and _____  A: No one eats parsley. 

NoLA, man you crack me up! I didnt wanna go there and you hijacked the bus & took me there anyway! You are my kinda Cajun! Man, I miss Tulane! Great place to teach in a great city with great food! Eat some for me!
    ·
  • Great looking cowboy cut rib eye. It is my understanding that cattle eat grass and other vegetation, so basically your meat is full of vegetables, that way the parsley can be considered a herb - just sounds better. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
    hahah...thanks, I'll do that.  You taught there? Cool, small world!

·
  • Wow, you could get a lot of parsley in one of my veggie baskets
    :))
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    There is a great joke about parsley. Not meant for this forum.
    ·