Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Reclaimed Cypress table

FlobeySolo
FlobeySolo Posts: 12
edited October 2012 in EGG Table Forum
Finally got around to posting pics of my table I finished earlier in the year. Seeing the pics of other tables was invaluable, and I was able to come up with a design to make my own.

I utilized reclaimed LA cypress that is close to 100 years old, a chunk of Black Amazon granite from our kitchen island cook top cutout, and a portion of a stainless table. My in-laws were kind enough to purchase the Egg for us as a Christmas gift, and the cypress and stainless came from my father. It was a really fun project (short of the splinters and about a thousand old rusty nails I had to pull, and a few sets of planer knives ruined on those I missed) that enabled me to bring materials together from both my wife's and my family.

Joinery is mortise and tenon, with pocket hole screws and lots of Titebond III, with no visible fasteners. All stainless casters and hooks from McMaster-Carr. Worm holes filled with boat making epoxy, and finished with 5-6 coats of hand rubbed spar urethane.

Enough talk - everyone likes pics so here you go. Hopefully someone can gain an idea or two from mine like those so many I pilfered from others. Cheers.

Comments