Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Did something stupid...

I had about 1/3 of the firebox lit with lump tonight at the end of a cook, all tiny pieces that would be liable to clog the ventilation if I dumped new lump on it tomorrow. Instead, I decided to open the vents and let it burn.

Being spent charcoal, it wasn't getting nuclear hot. 500 dome, tops. I had some black burn marks on my pizza stone and thought, "lets see if it cleans up good like the platesetter," and proceeded to put the cold stone directly into the firebox.

Seemed to be going smoothly. Egg was smoking from whatever it was burning off. Stone holding up nicely. After 20 minutes I pulled the stone out...and into the 40* night air. CRACK. 2 pieces, about 1/3 and 2/3.

Is it useless now? Anyone try and repair and/or cook on one? It wasn't BGE brand. Wedding gift, made in Taiwan and clearly not top of the line. Still, it had served us well over the course of maybe 8 pies since August.

Comments