Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s time to kick back, relax and enjoy the aromas of fresh smoked meat as we sail towards summer. Not sure what to smoke? Try Down & Dizzy Pork Shoulder or Smoked Spanish Chicken. Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

No Fry / Fried Chicken

RACRAC Posts: 931

This is my 1st post and just wanted to thank everyone who contributes to this forum. I have learned so much just looking at all the posts. I picked up my LBGE the first part of September and put it to use right away. I think I have cooked all but one meal on it. My wife came home yesterday and told me I have a problem / obsession with the egg but she doesn’t mind too much she loves the food cooked on it.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Anyway here is my cook from last night. No fry fried chicken. Man was this good. This is how I did it.

Package of Louisiana Chicken Fry mix

Chicken Legs

Dizzy Pig Swamp Venom

Dusted legs with the Swamp Venom

Mix 5 Tbsp. of Chicken Fry in ½ cup of water. Dip chicken in batter.

Roll chicken in dry Chicken Fry until coated.

Cook indirect at 450 for about 45 minutes or about 185 internal. I did turn them about ½ into the cook.

If you like fried chicken like I do, I think you will enjoy these.

Ricky

Spring TX

Hope the pictures attach.

Ricky

Spring, TX

Comments