Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Hurricane Comin! Let's Get Cooking!

2»

Comments

• AleBrewerAleBrewer Posts: 555
    Did a yardbird last night, and don't think I'll be egging tonight. Planning on doing a pot of chili on the egg tomorrow.
    ·
  • Storm still isn't all the way in yet and winds already over 60mph. Tides are expected to be 11 feet higher than usual tonight here on the western end of Long Island Sound.  Luckily we're about 30 feet above the harbor and still have power amazingly.  Lodge dutch oven full of red beans on the egg and holding steady.   Chicken goes on next, followed by a picnic I picked up this morning.  Cooking our way through the storm!
    Mamaroneck
    ·
  • Good Luck to all you staring the Hurricane in the eye, hope you all stay safe !
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
    ·
  • dlk7dlk7 Posts: 996
    Take care all of you in the path.  I hope you keep power and no trees fall on your eggs!!!!!

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

·
  • We got lucky. No power outage and no damage to the house or egg.
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • dlk7dlk7 Posts: 996
    Great news - glad you're ok.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

·
  • Thanks, dlk7. Anybody heard from Hillbilly Hightech? His neck of the woods in West Virginia is getting blasted with a blizzard.
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 13,461
    I thought he lived in CA for some reason.

·
  • Don't think so. Maybe he is in CA now, but I thought I remembered him saying he was in WV. If I'm wrong then, oops.
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,768
    If anyone does have to leave their house for a while when you suspect the power may go out, freeze a bottle of water standing up right, so the air bubble is at the top by the screw top.  Then turn it sideways and leave in your freezer.  If your power goes out long enough for the water to melt, then refreeze, the air bubble will no longer be on top, and you'll want to jettison your freezer contents.
    Great tip. If my power goes out for too long, we'll be headed to my parents' house where there is a whole house generator.
    Glad to help. SWMBO  asked me to pass that tip on to the NE eggers this morning.
    We used to do something similar when we lived in Corpus. Freeze a glass of water and then put a penny on top of it. Penny at the bottom and your power went out for awhile.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • Mighty_QuinnMighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Don't think so. Maybe he is in CA now, but I thought I remembered him saying he was in WV. If I'm wrong then, oops.

as a fellow Mountaineer, I can say he's from there, but lives in CA now.
    ·
  • Either way, hope all are faring ok in the blizzard.
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • recipe?
    ·