Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best tool ever!

Options
Made this out of a Philips and an Allen wrench a long time ago and use it all the time to poke through the grate on my low and slows and when I can't get up to temp on my pizza cooks! Figured it deserved some credit for all the hard work! Anybody else have some makeshift handy tools they want to share!
LBGE
Zionsville, IN

Comments

• Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    Options
    Is that jb weld?
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • Eggucator
    Eggucator Posts: 226
    Options
    Duct tape that has formed some kind of super hard bond from the heat. I made it in desperation one night and it has held up fine ever since. I thought about welding once it failed but it keeps running strong!
    LBGE
    Zionsville, IN
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    That is red neck cool!!!  ^:)^

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Go take a look at thirdeye's site and scroll down till you see the "wiggle stick".

Had one for years. And, on your way down you'll see another interesting tool. Stop and take a look. had one of those for several years too.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Desperation leads to innovation. I took a metal skewere and bent it. Been working for 2 years, 'cept when I lose it and have to spend 5 seconds bending a new one. :D

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    I used those till I changed to High Ques. No need after the change.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I used some SS tubing and bent a wiggle rod, with a custom electrical tape handle. 

I have upgraded to High Que grates as well so it is not as necessary, but I still use it from time to make sure I have a nice clean passage to the fire.  It's also handy because it fits through the grill grates.  If you are grilling and have a hot spot, you can move lump around without removing the grid.  Another handy feature is I can add chips during a cook and then use this to nudge them towards the fire :)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.